E-mail MeBrody J. Ockander
888-857-0674 (Toll Free)
The majority of my civil litigation practice is representing injured people, but I represent clients on a variety of matters ranging from employment disputes to wrongful death. Like all attorneys at Rehm, Bennett, & Moore, I represent Plaintiffs and do not work for the insurance companies.
I am originally from Wisner, Nebraska where, like most rural Nebraska kids, I participated in nearly all the sports and activities the town had to offer.
After high school, I received my Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in Communications from Concordia University Texas in 2003.
I eventually returned to Nebraska and received my Juris Doctorate, with distinction, from the University of Nebraska College of Law. There, I completed a Litigation Program of concentrated study. I also participated in various Moot Court competitions and trial advocacy specialization courses to prepare myself to become a Trial Lawyer.
While in law school, I was a member of the Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court and was awarded the Alan L. Plessman Student Award. In addition, I worked as a senior certified prosecutor at the Lancaster County Attorney's Office. I also was a law clerk for Rehm, Bennett, & Moore, where I joined the firm as an associate upon graduation from law school.
I currently reside in Lincoln with my wife and four children.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Workers' Compensation
- 45% Automobile Injuries
- 5% Other (Wrongful Death, Farm injuries, Defective Products)
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2008
- Nebraska, 2009
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. cum laude - 2008
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Member, Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court
- Honors: Awarded, Alan L. Plessman Student Award
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A.cum laude - 2003
- Major: Communications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG)
Past Employment Positions
- Lancaster County Attorney's office, Senior Certified Prosecutor