Todd D. Bennett
I grew up in Norfolk, Nebraska and graduated from Norfolk Senior High School in 1986. I walked-on at the University of Nebraska to play football as a place-kicker and punter. I graduated with a BA degree from UNL in 1990 and began shortly thereafter in the MBA program. I began my legal education in 1992 at the Thomas M. Cooley School of Law associated with Michigan State University. Seeking to get back to my Midwestern roots, I transferred to the Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas where I graduated in 1995.
Upon passing the bar exam in the State of Nebraska in September 1995, I opened the Law Office of Todd D. Bennett as a general practitioner. On May 6, 1996 I joined the Rehm Law Firm as an associate and became a partner in December 2000. I specialize in workers' compensation and personal injury cases and have significant courtroom experience with over several hundred trials. I also have courtroom experience in social security disability administration hearings, unemployment law hearings and Federal Court cases dealing with COBRA law and wage and hour claims. In 2007, I obtained my bar admission in the State of Iowa and practice workers' compensation in the State of Iowa as well.
My legal activities include:
- Member of the Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Member of the Legislative Committee of the Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- American Association of Justice - member and State Delegate for the State of Nebraska
- Nebraska State Supreme Court and Nebraska State Court of Appeals - argued and won several important cases for injured workers
- Member of the Workplace Injury Law Advocacy Group
- Member of the Nebraska State Bar Association
- Member of the Nebraska State Bar Association Workers' Compensation Executive Committee for a 2nd term after being Treasurer in 2005, Secretary in 2006 and Chair of the Executive Committee in 2007.
- Member of Lincoln Bar Association
- Member of the American Inns of Court - 1999-2003
- Presented at numerous seminars as a Speaker for the Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, Nebraska State Bar Association, Loran and Sterling Education Services, Several Nebraska Communities and Local Unions
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln - B.A. Political Science, Minor in Spanish as a Foreign Language, August 1990
- Big 8 Conference Honor Roll 1986-1990
- Place-kicker and Punter for the Nebraska Football Team 1986-1990
- YMCA Youth Soccer, Flag Football, Basketball and Baseball Coach for Kindergarten, 1st Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade, and Fourth Grade - 2003-2007
- Lincoln Youth Midget Head Football Coach - 1995-1999; and 2006 to 2011 and present for the Executive Club at the Rookie, D and C football teams.
- Presently Co-owner and baseball coach for the Lincoln Synergy Baseball select baseball organization.
In all my legal endeavors and community activities, my favorite thing is spending time with my three sons.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Nebraska, 1995
- Iowa, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 1995
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Spanish